[Glastonbury] free beer

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sat Jul 30 12:20:07 BST 2005

Last Friday 29 July 2005 16:47, Ian Dickinson was like:
> On 7/29/05, Peter wrote:
> > Have a look at this link
> >
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4718719.stm
>
> All very well, but we've always used "free as in free beer" to
> distinguish from "free as in freedom". Now someone's gone and invented
> some beer that is free as in freedom, but not necessarily free as in
> free beer. It's a plot, I tell you, a plot.

Heh.

Yes, the English language doesn't really make a distinction between
'priceless' and 'liberation'. Personally I suspect that it is only an issue
because people find it so hard to get their heads around the idea of freedom
and constantly try to limit the concept to make it seem less scary.

I suppose I have to accept that nothing can be that scary. ;)

> By the way, if there's a meeting next Weds I'm afraid I won't be there
> as I'll be on hols.

No official meeting, but I hope to see you all at Bristol on the 20th. ;)

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk