[Glastonbury] Re: Glastonbury Digest, Vol 71, Issue 3

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Thu Mar 10 11:41:31 GMT 2005

Last Wednesday 09 March 2005 14:13, Greg Browne was like:
> It just goes to show, that we all have our favourite apps.

This is true, to a certain extent. For any task you can think of,
GNU/Linux/Free Software will be able to provide about half-a-dozen different
applications with which to do it. One of them will use a command-line
interface and probably be tried, tested and trusty. If you want a Graphic
interface you'll find you end up with a choice of two that actually look
nice, of which only one does the job properly, usually the gtk version };-],
Notable exceptions being Rosegarden4 and ... er, oh that seems to be it!

It follows that I would seriously recommend Gnumeric for spreadsheet stuff.

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk