[Glastonbury] Kunbuntu

Tony Sumner tony at whittycat.me.uk
Thu May 5 12:27:58 BST 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 10:05:18PM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

> Look at either one of ACPI/APM : apt-get install (one or more of)
> acpid / acpi / xapm. Possibly check in the KDE control centre for
> any settings available to you??

This sounds like hard work (locate, download, install, read 100p doc,
etc) but I'll try it and report back in 2/3 weeks. Meanwhile I wonder
whether it is a power management thing. PM is about saving battery,
energy etc but not about forcing the user to leave it running. APM says
nothing about what happens after shutdown. It is possible to control
the behaviour of the power switch, because Windows does, and I'd like
to find out where Kubuntu does it. One day, maybe ...

Tony Sumner