[Glastonbury] next meeting

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 00:13:56 GMT 2005

OK folks, everyone agreed on Wednesday of next week for the December
meeting?  (Wednesday, December 7th)

What's the subject?

(If no-one's thought about this yet: Ian, I wouldn't mind hearing how your
large-project DocBook coding turned out; or Sean, can you enlighten us on
AJAX techniques?)

Anyone got any particular topic of their own they'd like to rabbit on
about, or hear someone else rabbit on about?

I have a *PRESSING* need to be able to read 5-1/4" disks under Linux --
I'm sifting through all my old software dating back to 1979 [8" disks !!!]
and I'm not sure that I'm not going to have to build a new Linux box
with a 5-1/4" drive incorporated to do it.  (I have a full bookcase of
such disks, plus almost 1000 3-1/2" disks which need their contents
transferred.)
I also need to pull off some of my early [1984] C programs from these
disks, and I don't know *how* I'm going to go about it -- I'd prefer a USB
outboard drive, but I doubt such beasts exist.)

And can we have a *short* discussion on the possibility of changing the
nights we meet?  There seems to be some sort of agreement that Wednesdays
are not suitable; also that first Wednesdays of the month don't really
suit the school -- how's about second Thursday of the month?
[Steve, does that create problems for the school?]

Anyone want to suggest something to put to a vote?

Cheers,