[Glastonbury] New Venue of LUGOG

Alan Levett alansl at labyrinth.abelgratis.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 21:35:50 GMT 2006

I missed it.
Heres why.
1) I thought that it was Wed afore last - didn't realise that day was
changed (for the better for me!)
2) My ISP has changed 'phone nr. "with improved service" that Mandrake
10 CE could not resolve - but Ubunto found with no trouble.
HOWEVER the WEB connection is so abysmally slow, that I am getting
disinterested - a sort of apathy. Lugog takes almost 5 mins! Rightmove
is marginally faster.
Not sure if it is the ISP or Firefox (Mandrake uses KDE).

Will contact Ubunto to see if Hoary Hedgehog can be updated by Farty
Ferret.

Just had a 2 minute power cut! The PC rebooted, and I had to log in
again, but when I got back into Evolution, I was asked if I wanted to
recover an unfinished file - this one!
Now that IS an improvement on systems I've used in the past - no messing
about with backing-up files! just an automatic back-up.

Regards    Alan.