[Glastonbury] report on meeting - Jan 10th

Andrew Walrond andrew at walrond.org
Thu Jan 12 11:56:18 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 16:14, Tony Sumner wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2006, Sean Miller was like:
> > Dapper Drake, the latest Ubuntu distribution (not yet "stable"),  has
> > resolved various issues which I think may have come up yesterday
>
> One issue I have. I like to use a VT a lot of the time (I find it easier
> on the eyes) but in Ubuntu the last three characters are off the RH edge
> of the screen (while windows are correctly aligned). My own Kubuntu is the
> same. Anyone tried a VT in Drake?

By virtual terminal, you mean a non graphical text based console, right? In
which case, it sounds like you need to adjust your monitor! Remember that
text mode uses a different screen mode (resolution, frequency) than the X
display, so you'll need to adjust your monitor for both. Most monitors have
small memorys which can 'remember' your adjustments for each mode, so you
should only need to do this once.

Andrew Walrond