[Glastonbury] New Venue of LUGOG

Ian Dickinson i.j.dickinson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 15:04:49 GMT 2006

Andrew wrote:
> A small £50 ups by apc, belkin or similar company is money _very_ wisely spent
> IMO
But note that it won't run your CRT monitor, since they suck more
power than you'll get out of a cheap UPS. So either get a more
expensive UPS, or use it as an excuse finally to get that flat screen
monitor you've been dreaming about :-)  (but check the UPS specs
anyway)

Oh, and once you've got it, test that it works by powering off that
ring from your fuse box. During a recent power cut, my PC powered down
despite being on my UPS. Turns out that during a recent re-wiring I'd
plugged the PC power cable into the 'printer' socket on the UPS - the
only one of the five sockets that doesn't maintain power but only
handles surge protection. Doh.

Ian