[Glastonbury] New Venue of LUGOG

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Thu Jan 12 17:26:49 GMT 2006

Andrew Walrond wrote:

>From this we can see that
>
>You sent mail 11 Jan at 20:24
>xinit.lug.org.uk received the mail at 20:28, four minutes later
>xinit.lug.org.uk received it again, from itself (localhost) at 10:37 THE NEXT
>DAY, 13hrs later!
>And finally delivered a copy to me 45 minutes after that.
>
>It seems lug.org.uk really have some serious issues with the ML setup...

The 13 hours is because Alan posted this from an e-mail address that
presumably has not been used to write to this list before... the way
that Martin has set it up is that every member's first e-mail to the
list has to be approved by the moderators... who are, I think, myself
Kelvin and Martin himself.

I am guessing that 10:37 was probably when I logged onto the moderator
panel and approved Alan's posting... as far as I know, Alan should now
be able to post without moderation..

But the 45 minutes is too slow anyway... I agree...

Sending this at 5.10pm approx.... let's see when it arrives.