[Glastonbury] meeting, January 24th 2006

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Fri Jan 27 19:42:10 GMT 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 12:55, mike waterworth was like:
> *Could not copy PHP install file.
> is what i got when i tried to install babackup
> the chmod of the directory to install was 777, and the owner was apache
>
> **Failed to create directory
> "/home/virtual/site155/fst/var/www/html/components/com_zoom/docs"
> is what i get when i try and install com_zoom
> again the chmod was 777
>
> in both these instances it creates the directory in components but it does
> not put anything inside them...
> which is quite frustrateing.....i have had success with a component before
> as far as i remember, but i think it didnt have any subdirectorys...
>
> what is different about mamboxplorer than ftp?
> and are u sure i could install it?
> **
> *

Argh. This is the sort of thing that made me hate PHP. Check the permissions
on the sub-directories. You're looking for:
drwxrwxrwx
Otherwise chmod 777

check man chmod for more options.
Also pasting the exact error message into google can be useful. Possibly
prefaced with php:

Apart from that I'm afraid I can't provide much more than sympathy.
--
cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk/tim