[Gllug] Hmm probably just me but...

Huw Lynes huw.lynes at csc.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Jan 4 00:33:53 UTC 1980

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 09:27:32AM +0100, Simon Furey wrote:

> I am trying to install qt.
> the install doc states
> >>This is done like this:
>
>     In .profile (if your shell is bash, ksh, zsh or sh), add the
>     following lines:
>
> 	QTDIR=/usr/local/qt
> 	PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
> 	MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
> 	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> 	export QTDIR PATH MANPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

<snip csh stuff>

Simplest method is to put the above lines into the .bash_profile
of whatever accounts need QT. Not elegant I admit but easier than
messing with the conf.d scripts. Also I'd put the pathe to qt/lib
in etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig rather than setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but that's just me.

HTH

Huw Lynes

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk