[Gllug] Firewalling

Dan Kolb daniel.kolb at corpus-christi.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Aug 23 14:04:51 UTC 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Daniel Fairs wrote:

> Actually, yes, you're right :). Is there a 'standard' (ie tradtitional)
> address that ppl normally use for the gateway - 192.168.0.1 or something?

Often it's the highest or the lowest IP address that is the gateway
(192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.254). Of course, there's no particular reason,
it's just easier to remember than a number in the middle of the range.

Dan
dankolb at ox.compsoc.net

--I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any comments or
  opinions expressed; don't trust everything you read above--

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk