[Gllug] Accounting Packages

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Tue Aug 28 18:05:12 UTC 2001

In message <E15bm6q-0000OC-00 at mail.lateral.net>
          Jim Bailey <jim at lateral.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> our accountant is using Viztopia and QuickBooks to do our money stuff,
> enthused by my own boundless joy of Linux.  He has shown an interest in
> working on a linux box to do our accounts does anyone know of similar
> accounting packages free or proprietary that run on Linux.  At present
> this is more of an intellectual exercise than a hard decision but both
> of us would be interested in hearing peoples views and experiences.

We've switched from sundry spreadsheets and things to using
sql-ledger (www.sql-ledger.org). Works well, generates invoices,
handles usual queries, has web-based interface. Have recommended it
to others!

It also uses postgres underneath, if you like that sort of thing.

cheers,Rich.

--
Rich Walker: rw at shadow.org.uk (Shadow Robot Project)
http://www.shadow.org.uk        251 Liverpool Road