[Gllug] need help deleting strange filename

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Mon Aug 6 18:41:08 UTC 2001

erm, click on the file and then right mouse button and select delete? :)

Tushar

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 06:30:39PM +0100, Paul Brazier wrote:
> I'm sure there must be a simple solution to this:
>
> For some reason I've acquired a file called "--001.avi" or something
> (begins with two hyphens anyway).
> I've tried everything to "rm" it but of course it thinks the double
> hyphen is for a switch to pass to rm.
>
> How do I delete it? Can I delete it by inode number or something?
>
> --
> Paul Brazier
> Cosmos UK

> the originator.
>
> This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
> for the presence of computer viruses.

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Monarch House, Victoria Road, London W3 6UR         |
|  Tel: (020) 8992 7008     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk