[Gllug] Linux Hardware

sean at uncertainty.org.uk sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Mon Aug 20 17:59:10 UTC 2001

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 06:24:31PM +0100, Dave Cridland wrote:
> On 20 Aug 2001 16:46:05 +0100, Tushar Joshi wrote:
> > Anyone know any companies offering linux compatible hardware with linux
> > installed. Trying to compile a list of linux suppliers in london/uk for the
> > lonix site since I get so many emails from people asking about it. GND used
> > to be good not sure about now though.
>
> I hear GND are still good (according to #Linux on IRCnet).
>
> DNUK are also meant to be good, especially for rackmount kit - their
> website is fairly impressive, anyway.

we just got a couple of low spec machines from dnuk (gbp 350 ish)
I guess this was a month or two ago now - and prices seem to be going up at
the bottom end of the market...

they arrived promplty with RH7.1 installed OK

in fact I think we got our server (rackmount) from them
(I say we but I wasn't there at the time)

seems to be a small outfit - tech support and sales were the same guy.

my impression, cheap + linux = :-)

and even better their website makes it clear how much M$ costs #

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk