[Gllug] How do they manage it? (IT recruitment agencies)

David Irvine co2cool at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 22:18:11 UTC 2001

Alex Hudson wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 01:54:56PM +0200, Xander D Harkness wrote:
>
>>More so  - Microsoft's licence terms states that they are not
>>responsible for any damage caused by bugs in the software.
>>

> Show me any common licence that _doesn't_ have those terms - the GPL does,
> BSD does, Perl's does, Apache's does, pretty much all freeware, shareware,
> nagware and payware does.
>
> You can thank Lotus for that innovation.

You can understand putting terms like that in a gpl license or freeware
since you arent profiting from it, but if you are making money out of a
software package then i think you should be liable to at least a minimum
extent to damage done, it should at least be garunteed to be fit for the
stated purpose, ie the windows me operating system should operate. Hah!

/D

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk