[Gllug] How do they manage it? (IT recruitment agencies)

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Fri Aug 10 16:59:29 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich Walker" <rw at shadow.org.uk>
To: <gllug at linux.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 4:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Gllug] How do they manage it? (IT recruitment agencies)

> Yeah, or the "Now Dave, this is probably a virus. Let's see: I'll
> just click on it ... <whirr> Yes, I think that was a virus. Whoops."
> problem.

A most amusing example of` this happened in our billing department.  Quite a
few of them recieved an ILOVEYOU (it was one of the later strains) clone and
none of them that got it could open it as they all had virus checkers
installed that said "looks like this is a virus, i am not going to let you
open this".  One of the PC's didn't have a virus checker installed so the
machines user offered to open it for the rest of them if someone forwarded
them a copy.  They did and everyone on the company address book got the
virused email :-)

That had us in stitches :-)

Will.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk