[Gllug] ipchains/smtp acceptance from Demon

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Sun Aug 19 23:57:29 UTC 2001

On 17 Aug 2001 14:51:10 +0100, tet at accucard.com wrote:

> >Like not accepting tcp for nameserver lookups..
>
> Funny you should mention that. Our network admin's blocked that too...

I was reading a very funny thread a few months ago in which someone in
the computer services department of a certain university was suggesting
they should just filter out all TCP traffic on port 53 (partly for
security) - made me laugh for a good few hours at the time :) Let's just
hope he never learns what a zone transfer is or god help him.

--jcm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk