[Gllug] perl querying SQL server 7

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Tue Aug 21 14:28:06 UTC 2001

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 02:59:40PM +0000, Simon Stewart wrote:

> Nah! Why'd you want something like that? All you need are DBD::JDBC
> and DBD::DB, and matching sets for the other languages. Alarmingly,
> DBD::JDBC already exists....

Hehe, we are Perl. Your pub will be assimilated. Resistance to Buffy is
futile.

> BTW, if anyone wants some Perl to allow Perl and PHP to share session
> variables, let me know

EW! :) Have you played with any of the WDDX stuff or is it all your own
warped invention?  WDDX is supposed to let you pass values around pretty
much all of the common CGI languages but I've never had the chance to play
with it. Yet.

> I've got some basic perl written to deal
> with it, and that'd let DB use the DBI modules ;)

So when can we expect to see Inline::PHP then? ;) Inline is
great (http://inline.perl.org), I've managed to get the perl
bindings for calling tcl, inline Java and C working fine. I can't get the
Java STUDY stuff to work on my own classes though...

	Dean
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk