[Gllug] ssh

home at alexhudson.com home at alexhudson.com
Wed Aug 22 13:54:34 UTC 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 01:19:36PM +0100, Paul Brazier wrote:
> I then switched the hard drive into the 486/33.
> It all seems to work fine.

One thing I've just thought of - what type of 486 is it? If it's 33, am I
right in guessing it's an sx? You may be suffering from co-pro problems (or
lack thereof). I wouldn't have thought the MD kernel would have soft copro
built in (why would it if it's 586?), but I have no idea what would happen
if you tried to invoke a non-existent copro: intuition tells me an oops, but
I have no idea.

If it doesn't have a copro, everything might be still working, just dog
slow.

Cheers,

Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk