[Gllug] perl / debian help :-)

Richard Clamp richardc at unixbeard.net
Wed Aug 22 14:42:20 UTC 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 03:20:36PM +0100, Rob Andrews wrote:
> My point being that maybe it could have been installed in the perl 5.6.x
> library directories, and perl5.005 may have not been looking in those paths
> for that module.

Ah good point.  I've not seen a debianised perl module break like that
in ages, so it'd got paged out.

> Remember - debian has more than one issue of perl available.

Not on the current unstable it doesn't - if you ask for 5.005 you get little
shims that depend on 5.6.1.  My laptop has a copy of 5.5.3
hand-installed under /usr/local, but that's more for compatibility testing
than active dev work.

--
Richard Clamp <richardc at unixbeard.net>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk