[Gllug] 10th Birthday party?

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 09:35:22 UTC 2001

I thought we already had a thread on the 10th anniversary of Linux?

No matter - the official 10th Birthday on Linux is being celebrated on
the 25th August. It was on that date that Linux first made a post
to comp.os.minix (I think - anybody care to confirm?)
I should be at Linux Beer Hike on 25th, where we are throwing a party.

Also look at http://www.linux10.org

So - seems like a good excuse for a party then.
(And no - I'll not mention a picnic. No one wants to cope with
hail and sleet on an August Saturday).

Anybody care to take up the reins? And no - a visit to the
Hope really isn't what I had in mind.
How about a BBQ or maybe a river boat trip?
(War sailing with 802.11 cards anyone. Grin.)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk