[Gllug] [Fwd: Re: [LBC] Demon]

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 21 16:12:22 UTC 2001

> Somebody please tell me when the primates took over - was it when Thus
> entered the show? or had it alreay happened by then? 12 hours of
> downtime now...fantastic, and hey, I had all of three hours sleep again.

As far as I know, the primates took over around the time they were
bought out by Scottish Telecom. I had several friends there - one of the
last was bemoaning the fact that management were morons, all the new
servers were Compaq Wintel boxes, and he was being pushed to abandon his
FreeBSD kit.

My recent experiences with them bear out the fact that they're mostly
idiots - I spent weeks on the phone trying to resolve a problem,
finablly found someone (vaguely) competent, and upon trying to contact
him a few days later, was told that he'd left!!

I use them for mail these days, and almost nothing else. It's a shame -
they were a clued bunch once upon a time, and I used to recommend them a
lot. I wouldn't any more.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk