[Gllug] perl querying SQL server 7

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Thu Aug 23 12:11:11 UTC 2001

On Thursday, August 23, 2001, at 09:11 AM, John Hearns wrote:

> Here's a good article I got referenced in a SANS newsletter:

> http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2792860,00.html

I am sure that someone can point a link to the recent article about an
Insurance company charging extra for M$ servers due to security concerns.

Thought to be fair to the M$ guy I can understand him not wanting
something he doesn't fully understand on his box.  It just that I have
noticed that pretty much everytime we have to do something for a M$
orientated client it involves much more work and effort than it really
should.  If a M$ security hole is found on the system he can blame Gates
and Bulmer if a hole is found in a open source product service or
application the management will look to him.  I believe this is part of
what SuSE, Red Hat and Caldera are selling, someone to blame.

> By the way, everyone should have a look at page 2 of the Guardian
> Online today.
> But make sure to be sitting down with a strong coffee first.

I would say a nice glass of warm milk would be better ;-)

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/online/story/0,3605,540894,00.html

Bruce as usual has an erudite, reasoned and intelligent response to such
drivel, I on the other hand simply call the bloke a prat!

Regards Jim

Softly, softly catchee monkey...
--Proverb.