[Gllug] caldera calls out.

John Clement jec at digital-science.net
Wed Aug 22 11:03:35 UTC 2001

Caldera calls community to follow...

http://www.cw360.com/bin/bladerunner?REQUNIQ=998476933&REQSESS=990O396I&REQH
OST=site2&2131REQEVENT=&CARTI=105163&CCAT=1&CCHAN=126&CFLAV=1

<rant>
Excuse me for being relativly new to the GPL concept and therefore I may
have this completely arse about face, but isn't this guy talking crap???
See I quite like the idea that Redhat and Mandrake are very easy to set up
and mostly detect all your hardware etc etc.  Where as debian is a bit more
of a "If you don't know what you're doing RTFM or leave the fsck alone!"  I
haven't touched any other ditro's and it must only be a little over a year
that I've been playing linux.  But thats the way it seems to me.  Now as I
understand it Caldera isn't free any more, it must have been reading too
many of Billy Gates books on how to make money out of smothing you shouldnt'
or god knows what else! And how much of the OS they are now going to be
selling was contributed from people like us[1] who donated it to the cause.
If things go on (ideally me thinks), Mandrake will probably go on and make a
great OS that makes it easy for Windoze users to migrate, dont ask me how
but anyways, make it possible for the moronic M$ masses to see that its not
that hard.  Then the step from mandrake to other distros wouldn't be so hard
and the world would get along in peace and harmony, M$ goes out of business
and things would be wonderful. But oh no caldera goes along and decides that
there should only be one ditro.  What are they saying ? that it should be
caldrea, afterall they're not going to say all this stuff about one distro
then say how bout we all run with SuSe are they, bastards!
</rant>

Course, I've probably got it all wrong, but sod it, some one on here will
correct me!

Cheers

JC

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk