[Gllug] Unsubscribe HOW-TO

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Fri Aug 24 10:15:23 UTC 2001

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Lee Blackwell wrote:

> Yes call me a dufus, but I've lost the instructions on how to unsubscribe.
>
> I'm going on holiday and I don't want any bounces being distributed back
> to the list (it seems that Lotus Domino is famous for that, and it's lack
> of RFC compliance).
>
> Please can I have a reminder on how to unsubscribe?

The GLLUG list adhers to (I can't remember the number) an RFC which
specifies additional mail headers for messages to mailing lists.  All
messages to the GLLUG list contain:

Does that help?

Pine, quite nicely, actually has a small, slightly hidden, menu which will
pop up when thoses headers are present to let you control your subscription
from the MUA.

> Thx,
>
> Lee

Cheers