[Gllug] Code Red worm sleeps?

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 4 00:33:03 UTC 2001

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, The Flying Hamster yowled:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 08:25:28AM +0100, French, Alastair wrote:
>> You would have thought the BBC would read there own information wouldn't
>> you. They state in the article below
>
> The real classic was on "today" this morning, apparently all the
> problems have been dealt with thanks to a security program called
> "patch"

Whaat?!

(Larry Wall saves the day again! ;) )

> They really shouldn't let journos out of the playpen.

_Today_ are great at politics, but they really shouldn't try to cover
science or technical stuff; they're so bad at that it's not true.

--
`It's all about bossing computers around. Users have to say "please".
Programmers get to say "do what I want NOW or the hard disk gets it".'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk