[Gllug] How do they manage it? (IT recruitment agencies)

home at alexhudson.com home at alexhudson.com
Mon Aug 13 09:51:43 UTC 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 10:15:41AM +0100, Jackson, Harry wrote:
> The reason we do not have reliable cars with non rust bodies is because
> the car manufacturer would not make money from selling spares etc. Cars
> exist today but not in production that do not rust.

Nice conspiracy theory, but nothing you say is going to make me believe that
the Audis in production today rust. And aside from the fact that a number of
models are now made of aluminium, most manufacturers use galvanised parts
too. Modern cars don't rust easily.

I somewhat agree with the market forces argument though - we have shoddy
software today because people accept it: if people bought soley the most
reliable software available, then we would have extremely reliable software.
If geeks didn't bend over backwards to install and use Linux (etc.), then
Linux software might be useable. It's not the producers - it's the
consumers.

Cheers,

Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk