[Gllug] Mozilla on Redhat 7.1

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Wed Aug 8 10:57:36 UTC 2001

(BROKEN TOP-POSTING!)

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Brent Geach wrote:

> Nope.
> Normally I've seen that
> 1st number = major release
> 2nd	   = minor code changes
> 3rd	   = bug fixes and patches
>
> the beta and alpha releases usually have a b or a at the end.
> I may be wrong though, but this is the algorithum I've always understood
> it to be.

This is true.  Mozilla, however, doesn't use the Linux-style
odd-minor-number is unstable convention.  It could be something to do with
the fact that Mozilla hasn't had a 'stable' release yet - although the
current 'unstable' releases are *far* better than any client ever released
with the name Netscape on it.

Mozilla 0.9.3 is pretty nice, and pretty stable.  There's not really any
excuse for using Netscape 4.x anymore...

Cheers
Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk