[Gllug] Ted T'so's Talk

ChrisJS at aol.com ChrisJS at aol.com
Fri Aug 10 10:35:36 UTC 2001

> I think the worst point was at the questions when a
>  member of the audience kept on banging on about Netscape,
>  and the 6.1 Netscape release.   Hope that wasn't
>  you asking that question Wulf!
I felt a little embarassed at the end, when people began getting into some
heated political debating and Ted was just left standing at the front while
they bickered back and forth across the room. It seemed very inappropriate
for the situation and I hope Ted wasn't too put off by it...

I really enjoyed the talk though. I thought what he said about people getting
complacent because Microsoft hasn't been releasing any really major
technology was very astute;

For those who didn't attend, his point was that we should be worried rather
than pleased that microsoft OSs haven't been making huge leaping changes in
the last five years or so, because they certainly haven't been 'sitting on
their hands' to use his phrase. He thinks that the upcoming changes which
Wulf mentioned are going to make some very large anti-exit barriers to those
who choose to use microsoft products.

It was a fun evening, I'll be watching out for future UKUUG talks...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk