[Gllug] Network freeze.

home at alexhudson.com home at alexhudson.com
Mon Aug 6 08:47:28 UTC 2001

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 09:30:07AM +0100, Gordon Joly wrote:

> Many thanks. I have already tried a change to
>
> "MTU 576"
>
> which seems to be a value suggested elsewhere.

Assuming you're on a 56k modem or something, have you made sure it's not a
renegotiation? Turn up the volume during actual connection, and see if the
sounds change noticeably (that's the best way I can explain it - it will
sound more like the chirping on initial connection, rather than the random
noise of connection).

The solution would be to make it default out at a lower speed, which would
reduce your bandwidth (possibly!) but might mitigate the freezing.

Cheers,

Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk