[Gllug] GRUB

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Mon Aug 6 14:10:53 UTC 2001

Hi,

has anyone had much experience with GRUB as a loader as I need to set up
a couple of test machines to run numerous OS's and variants of browsers
for our developers to test on and I thought GRUB would be a good choice
as it doesn't require a specific OS to boot from or to and has a
graphical option.

Here is a list of OS's and browsers I need to boot to (non exhaustive):

- win nt service pack 6, running ie 4.0
- win 2k, running ie 5.0
- win 2k, running ie 5.5
- win 98, running ie 4.0
- win 98 running ie 5.0
- win nt running ie 5.0
- a windows machine running aol
- Linux box running Netscape 4.x
- Linux box running Netscape 6.x
- Linux box running Mozilla latest
- Linux box running Konqueror
- Linux box running Galeon

Some of these browser can exist on the same partition and some can not,
what I want is something that the designers can use unsupported to
select their choices.

Thanks Jim

"The purpose of propaganda is not to change the peoples minds but to
convince them  of our common belief."

--Joseph Goebbels, The Diaries

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk