[Gllug] OT: Just probing the job market in London

Rainforestanne at aol.com Rainforestanne at aol.com
Thu Aug 16 06:16:07 UTC 2001

I am assuming here that all those that live in London have no families as the
only ones I know of that do have are popstars and MP's as the flats that were
the old East End are now dockland developments. It is cheaper to live in a
hotel than have to fund a flat and live well enough to enjoy work. In the
differences, take for instance the Lake District or the Yorkshire Dales, the
fact that a detatched residence with gardens and parking and 4/5 bedrooms in
a prestigeous location can cost £250. 000 and that a flat in London can cost
that much. The rent of £500 plus is equal to a 100k mortgage and there will
not be any of those in the centre of London, that is why the second home
market is not holiday let but steps on the property ladder.

In the case of the degree's, the 'acceptable' universities are becoming those
with distance learning as the Arab Open University, AOU, has been signed with
the the OU and now this method of learning and research projects are being
understood more and more by employers and funders of research. It is not the
marks you get but how you use them. I know desperate 1sts who are delivering
catalogue stuff and working in coffee shops, and I know students who have got
top jobs with the lowest qualifications.

I keep looking to see who has solved the problems of the job search and
whether consultancy work has a certain website. not the ones listed.