[Gllug] forgot root password on head- and keyboardless machine *blush*

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at online.no
Sun Aug 19 22:43:24 UTC 2001

I have a head- and keyboardless machine running debian potato that I
used to log into with ssh. Now I have forgotten the password. *blush*

What I want to do, is either;

a)  make a bootdisk with a script that automaticly starts running that
    disables the root password, then halts the machine. I can then log
    in via ssh and change/enable the password again.

b)  make a bootdisk that boot the machine and starts a telnet or ssh
    server so I can log in and mount the disk and disable the password.

I think a) is preferrable to b). I can probably write the script myself,
but I need some info on how to assemble a bootdisk that will run this
script automatically. Any input is appreciated.

Regards,

Stig (who is very ashamed)

--
www.brautaset.org