[Gllug] OT: Just probing the job market in London

Lee Blackwell lee_blackwell at eur.3com.com
Thu Aug 16 14:19:47 UTC 2001

> If anything, I suspect you'll experience precisely the opposite.
> Certainly, as I've gained more experience, I've found my degree
> to be pretty much irrelevant when it comes to finding work.
> Experience is everything, and except for new graduates, formal
> qualifications mean little.

I've landed my job here on experience alone.  I didn't take edication any
further than GCSE's, just straight into work.  It took me a few years to
get into the decent jobs (and therefore decent money), but thats no
different to wasting 3 years getting drunk. (Oh, and I did plenty of that
too ;-)

Lee

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk