[Gllug] NTFS fix under DOS, why ?

Geoff gef at clara.co.uk
Fri Aug 3 19:58:41 UTC 2001

Hi my 2p worth

Never had a problem installing lilo on mbr, have always taken this option,
never let me down yet.

Geoff

>  My friends, in the end I reinstalled nt 4.
>
>  I just applied sp6.
>
>  Rebooted ok.
>
>  Then I booted with mandrake 8 and made a lilo.
>
>  Result, back to the original problem.=20
>
>  It seems that lilo could be the problem, or maybe sp 6 has some code
>  to fuck nt in case of sharing machine with linux.

Nope - it isn't that clever. Where did you install LILO though? Whatever you
do do NOT install it on the master boot record (MBR) - this causes all sorts
of problems. Install it on the same partition as Linux is in. It should be
fine then.

Simon
http://www.rendermania.com/
UIN 11123737