[Gllug] OT: Just probing the job market in London

Murray Peterson murray at orcas.net
Wed Aug 15 15:07:46 UTC 2001

Hi gang,

> >From what I remember at University, we had:
> 	1st:    70%+
> 	2.1:    60% - 70%
> 	2.2:    50% - 60%
> 	3rd:    40% - 50%
> 	Pass:   30% - 40%
> Having just passed as a Mature Student with a 2:1, Uni of London (Imperial
> etc) use the above gradings.

Eh?  I'm being too hard on myself. :)  I studied (and worked) at a South
African University where a 1st is classed as 75%+, and anything less than
50% won't get you a peice of parchment with the University's seal on it.

I understand that grading and tans-equatorial standards may be a moot
point, but how would you go about convincing a potential employer that
you're good for a job, but only able to recall or apply one third of the
content that your faculty felt relevant?

Murray

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk