[Gllug] Fwd: Re: [L2E] Routers {CISCO}

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Sat Aug 11 21:13:33 UTC 2001

"George F. Saxby" wrote:

> John et al,
>  Thanks for the input , the Extreme co had been  mentioned BUT who teaches
> how to re-set / re-configure the kit.  Cisco courses I have seen, Ex who? or
> are they so simple as to be esily learned by an ol' dog who is not that hot
> at learning a lot  of new tricks.

I don't think you will find things that difficult.

Do you know what addressing scheme each site uses?
ie subnets and netmasks?

also, here's time for the Devils Advocate -
if you have a 100Mbs ethernet link between sites, why bother routing at
all?
Make a flat network (I hear gasps of indrawn breath from the choir).
But its not that big a heresy.

If you need to segment the network into different parts then use VLANs.
Heresy over.

If you have the time, K-Net also offer training courses - sorry everyone
now thinks I have shares in them.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk