[Gllug] Code Red worm sleeps?

David Irvine co2cool at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 01:25:03 UTC 2001

--- Jake Jellinek <jj at positive-internet.com> wrote:
> What is amazing is how the whole thing turns itself
> into a Microsoft saves
> the Internet story:
>
> "Millions of computer systems appeared well
> prepared, because of a free
> software patch from Microsoft. "

When - "Microsoft attempted to cover their latest
blunder with a patch released a few months later than
it should have been in an attempt to redeam
themselves." bah!

David

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1466000/1466588.stm

> > <quot>
> >
> > The Code Red worm computer bug has had no
> immediately visible effect on
> > the internet, security experts say.
> >
> > </quot>
> >
> > The very same security experts who predicting doom
> and gloom 72 hours ago?
> >
> > And yes it is Internet (shame that the BBC cannot
> spell). There is only
> > on Internet hence a capital "I"
> >
> > But the BBC also believed that the millennium
> began on 2000-01-01 rather
> > than 2001-01-01... I think they took the majority
> view rather than what
> > the nice people who work at Greenwich said.....
> more dumbing down?
> >
> > Gordo
> > --
> > Gordon Joly//////////
> > gordon.joly at pobox.com
> > http://pobox.com/~or/
> >
> > --
> >

> --

=====
"Artificial Intelligence is no match for human stupitity!"

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk