[Gllug] He who controls the bootloader

Formi rcarrera at formi.org.uk
Tue Aug 28 18:15:58 UTC 2001

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, David Damerell wrote:

> On Tuesday, 28 Aug 2001, Formi wrote:
> > I suppose that most of you have read this.
> > For the few who haven't.
> > This is a REALLY interesting article in Linux Today.
>
> So interesting that the URL must remain secret?
>
> http://www.byte.com/documents/s=1115/byt20010824s0001/0827_hacker.html
<>
> [It's not in Linux Today, either.]

 Well, that is how I found about it. If I did so not being really smart,
 most people can do the same.

 Sometimes I find people's love for accuracy a bit anoying, because
 I don't personally think it makes much difference in something that
 is trivial, like in this case, were you where just two clicks away.

 There is a simple reason why I didn't provide the exact address.
 I didn't want to go through the trouble of copying and pasting
 between galeón and pine. Which is not as straight forward as it
 could be.

 Pardon me for being quite human, I do try to learn.

 Finally I just posted something I thought it was interesting,
 IF you don't find it so, don't bother to reply to my posting.

 AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

 I DO RECOGNIZE THAT MY EXAMPLES WERE NOT COMPLETELY ACCURATE,

 My point was that the marketing of most companies is really
 missguiding.

 			Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk