[Gllug] How do they manage it? (IT recruitment agencies)

Murray Peterson murray at orcas.net
Mon Aug 13 11:20:50 UTC 2001

Hi All,

> 	The reason we do not have reliable cars with non rust bodies is
> because the car manufacturer would not make money from selling spares etc.
> Cars exist today but not in production that do not rust. There is also cars
> that require a service every 100,000 miles. Does this kind of mentality ring
> any bells.

Fair enough.  Although we have forgotten to consider market forces and the
concept of fashion.  Vehicles that do not rust and can manage 100,000
miles between services may exist - and commercially viable too, but can
you honestly tell me that you would want to buy a 1979 Audi? (or a 1999
Audi in 2021?)

Now, just to make this an on-topic posting...  COBOL!  'nuff said :)

Murray

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk