[Gllug] [Fwd: Re: [LBC] Demon]

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 21 19:10:55 UTC 2001

On 21 Aug 2001, Jon Masters said:
> The box that failed was a Black Diamond from Extreme (probably one of
> those quad redundant monsters). It's always been my opinion that it is
> better to have several less monsterish boxen than one mother fskcing
> thing which only one person understands and which can take out the whole
> damn system.

The BOFH in me suggests that it is better (for your job prospects) to
have multiply redundant boxes which only one person understands, as long
as that one person is you. ;)

--
`It's all about bossing computers around. Users have to say "please".
Programmers get to say "do what I want NOW or the hard disk gets it".'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk