[Gllug] gcc is bad for you!

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 18 14:38:02 UTC 2001

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, jane taylor stated:
> As soon as I tried to move the downloaded file, McAfee popped up
> insisting it was a virus (though it couldn't identify what) and I
> should delete it!

The (appallingly crap) `Invircible' virus scanner also claims that the
SYSCALLS.c.X file in the gcc backend directory is a `trojan'.

How that can be, when it's a build-time-generated list of function
prototypes, is quite beyond me.

--
`It's all about bossing computers around. Users have to say "please".
Programmers get to say "do what I want NOW or the hard disk gets it".'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk