[Gllug] How do they manage it? (IT recruitment agencies) (fwd)

Iain Nicholson iain at delphinus.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 12 18:25:17 UTC 2001

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Richard Cohen wrote:

> You *know* you want to reply to this...
>
> :-)
>
> Cheers
> Richard

Well, Sean, I hate to disappoint you, but here in the UK where each
Nuclear Licensed Site is responsible for writing its own Safety Case (I
should know, I used to help write the one for Bradwell Powerstation in
Essex) that doesn't stop them.

Sizewell B (Britain's only commercial PWR) is run by a network of SPARC
boxen running Solaris :-) Rumour has it that when there is a reactor trip
the "alarm" is a rendition of Flight of the Valkyries (one of my friends
and erstwhile colleagues worked there).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk