[Gllug] How do they manage it? (IT recruitment agencies)

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Aug 10 14:05:33 UTC 2001

I have just received another spam (Oh gosh they must have got a CV of
mine from somewhere)

I notice however that a lot of IT recruitment companies are sending
blank emails with word attachments with the email message within. I
guess they must have done a mail merge using Exchange 5.5

'TS European aims to support IT professionals and IT Companies in
extending their search Europe wide for the right individual or
opportunity that can help them to achieve their goals. We offer a highly
personal, quality service which reflect our company values of honesty
and integrity.'

I can suggest to them that no IT professional would touch them.

I also got a letter from my accountant today, he screwed up and sent me
a word doc with some lovely logos, and unfilled data fields.  The email
was in excess of 500kb and had no message.  I took a screen shot of it
and sent a jpg back which was a quarter a size of his original message ;-)

I was wondering what most people do to tackle this kind of stupidity?

I can only imagine that this will worsen with .NET and stuff.

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk