[Gllug] Email client for X

Lee Blackwell lee_blackwell at eur.3com.com
Fri Aug 3 13:45:17 UTC 2001

> It doesn't seem to be too popular, oddly, but TkRat is particularly
> good. Support for IMAP, MH folders, mutt mailboxes, system mailboxes,
> etc. etc.
>
> Also, having it all behind an IMAP server (like I do) means I can
> happily use TkRat in X, mutt in the console and Outlook in winshops.
>
> It's good. Trust me :-)

Just installed, now backing up 500mb of mail...

Oddly the upgrade of my libcrypto and libssl broke a few things but a
symlink has sorted that out.

TkRat testing to follow....

I considered Evolution, but as I'm running KDE, and it's a Gnome app,
it'll require god-only-knows-what extra libraries... and that's too much
hard work for a Friday afternoon...

(Remember - *never* play with servers on a Friday)

Thanks to everyone who's replied.

Lee

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk