[Gllug] perl querying SQL server 7

Simon Stewart sms at digital-science.net
Tue Aug 21 14:59:40 UTC 2001

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 02:42:24PM +0100, Dean wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 01:08:43PM +0000, Bruce Richardson wrote:
>
> > He may have been referring to the DB module in Pear.
>
> That's the one, you and Simon both hit the nail on the head.
>
> I'll get round to trying it one day, what we need now though is an API that
> sits on top of JDBC, DBI and DB :)

Nah! Why'd you want something like that? All you need are DBD::JDBC
and DBD::DB, and matching sets for the other languages. Alarmingly,
DBD::JDBC already exists....

BTW, if anyone wants some Perl to allow Perl and PHP to share session
variables, let me know --- I've got some basic perl written to deal
with it, and that'd let DB use the DBI modules ;)

Cheers,

Simon

--
"What're we gonna do tonight, Brain?" "I'd tell you, but there's a 78-char li

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk