[Gllug] FreeBSD - errrm this might be slightly OT ;-)

Ian Norton bredroll at dsh.org.uk
Wed Aug 8 16:41:04 UTC 2001

been playing with bsd on my atari, i did an install of netbsd 1.4 ages ago,

i finally found a bootstrap and booted, :-) i thought, i know what would be
fun, ppp connection over serial cable to my linux server over here,

hmm, no ifconfig...

so, erm , no network (i installed the ultra basic base system)

hmm, no compiler , (duh bredroll stoopid)

hmm need binary of ifconfig, I found one (Yay ifconfig lo up )

tried to set up ppp connection using the good old command line ways.
chat, pppd. (yes i had that)

cool.
failed
sat back,

then decided on debian-linux 2.2 for my falcon instead...

:-P
bredroll

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk