[Gllug] perl querying SQL server 7

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Wed Aug 22 09:06:39 UTC 2001

On Tuesday, August 21, 2001, at 11:33 AM, Jim Bailey wrote:

> sorry wrong address, not a good day for multitasking but if any one has
> a idea ;-)

Hi, all,

thank you for all the support and help yesterday the problem with the
job was it was one of those free ie. not paid jobs that 'The Management'
agree to do because they are 'quick and easy' and good for the company
in other ways etc.

 From what I understand in the end we have cheated since the query only
has to run every half hour we are using a ASP page to query the SQL
Server and return the information in comma separated format to our own
DB for processing.  It isn't pretty it isn't fast but it works.

Many thanks

Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk