[Gllug] Standards for the format of email headers

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 08:32:34 UTC 2001

   Is there a correct standard layout/order for email headers? My system is
set to sort emails by date, and consistently mis-interprets the date on
emails from one or two sources. The only differences that I can see are that
the order of the various lines, and specifically the order of the details in
the date line, are different from others on this list.

   For example, one of the mis-interpreted date lines reads:
>        Date: Tue, Aug 14 2001 10:18:26 +0100

   where one interpreted correctly reads
>        Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:35:11 +0100 (BST)

   I would not be surprised if both are correct, and that my system is
just failing to read them correctly.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk