[Gllug] Simple multimedia applications

Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.org
Wed Aug 1 11:21:44 UTC 2001

>I am thinking of writing some games for them to run on Linux possibly
>written on pygame (http://www.pygame.org) so that it should be portable.
>Has anyone any experiences or recommendations?

Have a look at http://www.linuxforkids.org

LinuxForKids Mission Statement
or why, when and how ....
LinuxForKids was created in the Summer of 1999 to promote the use of Linux
as an educational and entertainment platform for children.
We do this by reviewing available software titles that we find or are
submitted to us by our readers. We rate them based on quality and
appropriateness for children. We set our target audience to children under
the age of 10, since we believed this was the audience for which the least
efforts were being made. Right now, this web site is more intended for
parents and teachers looking for software. We hope to be able to make it
also a destination for children. We currently have 7 categories, available
from the side bar to your left.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk